Monday, February 26, 2007

Books, Classes, and Other Equally Exciting Things

So I got my copy of Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle that I had ordered from Amazon today. It's interesting. However, I am very tiny and many of the shawls are very huge, and I have a dislike of downsizing patterns. Mainly because I'm lazy. But many of them are very pretty.
I didn't realize there was a Folk Mittens book. Now I must have it. ( In addition to the couple of other knitting books I would like, those being: Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush, Knitting Vintage socks, Also Nancy Bush, and Socks Soar on two circular Needles by Cat Bordhi)

Speaking of Socks ( I am having an alliterative day) I am going to do my sock knitting class as planned, toe up. However, in addition to this class, I'm going to take another on knitting socks on two Circs. It can teach me a new technique, and I can learn how to do them top down. So that will be good.

My hat is finished and seamed up. I'm still working on the feather and fan thing, but I am worried that I made it too wide and its going to end up like a hankie sized square. So I may rip it out. We shall see!

No comments: